ECTRIMS 2022 is a professional scientific event that encourages the open exchange of scientific ideas and the freedom of thoughts and expression. We value the participation of each member of the community and endeavor to deliver a positive and rewarding experience for all participants, regardless of age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnicity, country of origin, religion or religious belief, marital status, physical appearance, body size, disability, or any other reason not related to scientific merit.
This Code of Conduct was established to communicate a transparent set of standards and guidelines for acceptable behavior at ECTRIMS 2022 and to provide a positive, safe, and welcoming environment for all attendees. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, industry partners, exhibitors, ECTRIMS staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
ECTRIMS endorses and expects a professional and respectful atmosphere that values a diversity of views and opinions. All event activities shall be conducted in a professional atmosphere in which all participants are treated with courtesy, respect and consideration. ECTRIMS promotes a professional and respectful atmosphere where participants communicate openly, with civil attitudes that are considerate, collegial, and collaborative and that is free of inappropriate behavior and harassment by or toward all participants, including scientists, students, guests, exhibitors, staff, and other suppliers.
Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, industry partner, exhibitor, ECTRIMS staff member, service provider, or other congress guests.
In addition, participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- Any recording, filming, photography, screenshots or other capturing of presentations, live sessions or other events, including scientific Posters, taking place during, or associated with, the ECTRIMS 2022, is prohibited without the express consent of the presenter. Express consent is written confirmation by the author in a live chat or email correspondence.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organised by ECTRIMS throughout the digital congress. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ECTRIMS congress staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ECTRIMS reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Any direct selling of products/services offered by speakers, industry partners, or consultants in any public area of the digital platform is prohibited. Many of the engagement conversations are based around knowledge and expertise and are not categorised as a direct sales pitch. Selling must be conducted during mutually agreed upon private video, audio or text conversations.
If attendees see, overhear or experience a violation of the Code of Conduct during a virtual event, and would like to report a violation, please email us at email@example.com.
ECTRIMS reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ECTRIMS reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, digitally or in person.